This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting. It includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles.
Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development.
Students will receive:
- Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination
- Course completion certificate
Basic Course: $150